To be a transitional housing ministry providing a Christian environment that helps homeless families become self-supportive, self-reliant contributors to society.
privately funded, receiving no government funding.
a 90-day program designed to move families from homelessness to self-sufficiency.
a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) agency supported by the Northland Community.
a cost-effective, volunteer-supported program in the Northland area which houses approximately 40 families per year.
a unique solution to homelessness designed to give homeless families the motivation and training needed to break the proverty-welfare cycle, and to become self-reliant, productive citizens of the community.
Tough love within a caring environment.
90 days rent and utility free housing.
Five dollars worth of goods and services for every dollar donated (due to in-kind donations).
Professional sevices: haircuts, dentistry, medical treatment, legal aid, GED training, car repair, etc.
Weekly counseling sessions concerned with:
1) Employment-job searching and interpersonal skills to help obtain and keep a job.
2) Budgeting-residents develop a personal plan to budget their income, save money, and obtain permanent housing.
3) Nutrition - residents learn about the purchase and preparation of food with concern for nutrition and economy.
4) Community living - group sessions on how to live in a community and be a responsible, efficient participant.
5) Parenting - counselors are role models and teachers about family living.
An aftercare program, which provides graduate families with basic needs, domestic goods, furniture, and continued encouragement and advice.
Tax deductible donations may be made to:
Hillcrest Ministries, Inc.
P.O. Box 17
Liberty, Missouri 64069
For more information about our program or to assist with upcoming events, please call 816-781-8988.
Back to Top